YukonGrow specializes in providing quality products and services related to living soils, grow amendments and grow media such as compost, manure, our own blends of living soil, as well as our flagship product: biochar.
Our high-quality products and services are uniquely adapted to the local grow conditions and practices ‒starting with the Yukon. We bring cutting-edge products such as blends of living soil based on inoculated and charged up biochar, and innovative services such as analysis of soil microbiome. Our philosophy is based on the principles of (re)generative gardening and agriculture, circular economy, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) ‒including extended producer responsibility and environmental responsibility. For instance we:
- make use of local resources wherever we can ‒for instance local, organic-certified compost
- recover the value of ‘waste’ generated by the local agri-food industry, for instance through upcycling spent grow media (microgreens) and manure; we also have a strong interest for upcycling spent grain (e.g. malt waste), offal (e.g. blood meal, bone meal, feather meal, fish emulsion/sileage), and slash ‒connect with us with any suggestions!
- recycle locally-sourced spent grain bags into low-impact packaging
- recover our packagings and recycle them again as much as possible
- promote usage of a unique, carbon-negative product: biochar.
Our products and services appeal to growers looking to optimize their grow conditions. Hobby gardeners can find a trusted supplier and ally in YukonGrow whether they are green or thoroughly seasoned and experienced. Plant moms and dads can find the support they need to grow lush, healthy, beautiful indoors plants. Recreational cannabis growers can count on YukonGrow for help in growing better, stronger, more productive plants. Professional agrarians of the horticulture sector can find what they need whether they grow outdoors or indoors ‒for instance market gardeners, berry producers, hydroponic practitioners, nurseries/seedling producers, greenhouse operators, or cannabis farmers. Landscapers can find quality products and services for projects big or small. Soil engineering practitioners can count on YukonGrow for projects such as reclamation, remediation, stabilization, and hydroseeding.